Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who are these people?

Ok, I readily admit to being a little paranoid about this whole internet thing. (Not that I don't have an addiction to it...I most certainly do....but that's another conversation). Even though it bothers me when other bloggers don't use their kids names, I decided to follow suit and use nicknames only. Don't worry...I'm sure I'll slip up soon and this annoying nickname thing will be all over.

In the meantime, I thought you might wonder where the Mote, the Who and the Goose got their nicknames.

The Goose (our dog who I treat like a child) is easy. He was a funny puppy and got nicknamed Silly Goose....shortened to Goose.

The Mote (our older daughter). When I was in the hospital just after giving birth to her, my mom came to visit. During the visit my mom's cell phone rang with the "Hellow Moto" ring tone. The baby's head went swiveling around to find that thing. Not even 24 hours old and our older daughter wanted to talk on the phone....this fills me with dread at the thought of her teenage years. Anyway, her grandmother thought she was so advanced that she nicknamed her Moto which was shortened to Mote.

The Who (our younger daughter). No good story here, folks. Mommy (that would be me) had trouble remembering the baby's name a few times and called her other names we were considering and the names of our friends' kids. So, she became known as "Who"

And there you have it, in all it's glory.

No comments: