Saturday, January 12, 2008

Seriously, I can't make this up....

My older daughter was a big pain in the buttski yesterday. She was overtired and slightly bored. I was tired. It was ugly. Then I remembered my secret weapon to tone things down...a 1/2 hour of TV. So, she watched Super Why and I cleaned the kitchen. Here is the conversation we had when Super Why ended:

Daughter: Mommy, we need to chat.
Me: Ok, great idea.
Daughter: I know that sometimes I'm frustrating. And when I'm frustrating you need to stop, take a deep breath and think.
Me: Great advice and you need to use your words to tell me why you're frustrated.
Daughter: Or I could just keep being frustrating....
Me: But wouldn't it be better if you told me what you were feeling so we could fix it and move on to fun thing?
Daughter: No thanks Mommy. Excuse me, I have to go now.

And off she trotted to her room to play with her dollhouse. I don't think that was as productive as I would've liked. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was out manuevered by a 3 year old. So much for that law school degree....I want a refund.

No comments: