Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pre-Primary Presidential Election Thoughts

I'm one of those citizens who thinks the 2008 presidential election started way too early. That said, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and I'm going to talk about "the" election. But I'm not going to talk about issues or even who I am voting for on Feb. 5 (that would be Senator Clinton).

I'm going to talk about what I want to hear and see from these candidates. If we are going to listen to all of these debates I want to continue to hear about the war in Iraq but I also want to hear about the war in Afghanistan. I want to hear about what matters to me as a middle class American. I want to hear about how I am going to continue to afford health care and home heating oil. I want to hear about the quality of my girls' education. I want to hear less criticizing of the current economic policy (I understand it's hard not to criticize...) and I want to hear more about economic policies that are going to make my family more secure. AND I want details on all of these policies. I don't want the candidates to stand at the podium at say, "I support the middle class". I want to know HOW. I want them to have more than 1 minute to answer. We've got lots of time until November and, due to the Writer's Strike, not too much else to watch. So, I say let the candidates talk....I'm listening.

No comments: