Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sisterly Blessing, Take One

We met with our Rabbi on Sunday to discuss the Who's baby naming. Yes, I know that she is already 6 months. We're working on it, folks. Seriously, she is going to be named in May when my grandmother is able to make the trip up for CT. Oh, and by "named" I mean given a Hebrew name after two of her great-grandfathers. She already has an English name other than "Who", honest.

So, back to the point here. We met with the Rabbi and as part the ceremony our older daughter, the Mote, is going to make up a blessing to give her sister. Here's what the Mote has so far.

* I promise not to teach you any more bad words like pee and poop, hey, I just said pee and poop, ha ha ha

* You're going to be my sister forever and ever, and doesn't Mommy just deserve us? (I have no idea what is meant by that last part)

* I love you the best and I'm so glad you're my sister.

That last part may give us something to work with but I have a feeling we are going to need to go through many drafts before the actual ceremony.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Jen, thanks for the laugh this morning. LOL I can't wait to hear about the subsequent "drafts"!