Friday, March 28, 2008

Going Out Postpartum

Last weekend my husband and I went out at night. After dark. Without children. Like adults.

It has been at least two years since we did that. And, it was SO MUCH FUN.

We went out to dinner at a real grown up restaurant that did not have a kids menu but did have an excellent martini menu. We went with friends who we've never been out with before. We talked and laughed and I didn't cut anyone's food or cajole anyone to stay at the table. I did, however, spit my second martini all over everyone when I was laughing. Apparently, I don't get out much.

Then we went to a Purim party at the synagogue. Ok, that wasn't our best move. It was like the 8th grade dance all over again. In fact, I think it was the same DJ. It was definitely the same music. We were the youngest there by a good 20 years. Luckily, this version of the 8th grade dance included an open bar so all was not lost.

So, now I need you all to hold me accountable. I NEED to get out more. I'm thinking 4 times a year is not too greedy, right? Now to line up those free babysitters....and maybe next time I won't spit on my friends.

1 comment:

embee said...

so you still got your groove on, right? hahaha!