Sunday, February 3, 2008

Nursery School Politics

Have you ever stood in the parking lot of your child's preschool and had the urge to put your fingers in your ears and scream, "I'm not listening!" to the other parents?

I do.

For the record, I am not interested in who has the most playdates, who has the most activities or who has the most kids at her birthday party. I am not interested in gossip about the school.

If you have recipes (or better yet knitting patterns!) to share, if you have cute stories about your kid or if you want to talk about the weather then come on over and chat by my car. But leave the competition out of it. We can get back to that when our kids join sports teams and apply to college. In the meantime, as long as your kid doesn't routinely bite, push or otherwise abuse my kid, we're good.

No comments: