Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New School

Do you ever that Super Mom feeling? Every now and then something happens that can potentially be devestating to one of my girls and I am able to think on my feet and prevent disaester. Ok, most of the time it is dumb luck and everything just happens to go my way by accident...but still...

That's what happened here the past few days. The Mote was on school vacation last week. On Sunday night I received an e-mail from the school. They suggested that due to a medical condition of my daughter's that she take one month off from school. After the month we would reevaluate. This is not a contagious condition. She is 3. She is excited to go back to school on Tuesday. It's Sunday night already, what am I going to do on such short notice? And did I mention that they informed me by e-mail? And "hoped that I would find the proposal kind and respectful?" ARE THEY KIDDING ME? Cruel and disgusting, yes, kind and respectful most certainly not.

So, I called a friend and long story short, I got her in to the preschool I originally wanted. She started yesterday and WOW what a difference! I am so impressed with all of the activities and the Mote is so happy there. Her behavior is even better at home! I KNOW this is a blessing and a better fit for her but she is confused and upset about not going back to her "old school" and while that's to be expected I have this strong desire to pull the director's hair while screaming incessantly about how she hurt my kid....

No comments: