Friday, April 11, 2008

One Big Game of Luck

Do you ever feel like your parenting style is one big game of luck? I've read "the" books, I've followed advice from other moms whom I respect, and I've gone with my gut.
Yet, none of things have worked as well as plain old luck for me.

For example, my 7 1/2 month old is still hit and miss about night time sleeping. However, she sleeps much better if she's holding this:



Go figure. We obviously didn't say, hey, kid want to take the crab in the crib and see if that makes you sleep? We've tried substituting the crab for other sea life of similar proportions.




She won't have them. This, of course makes me dread what happens when said crab gets too disgusting to use or gets lost.

Then there is her sister who is 10 days shy of four years old. I will admit that we didn't fight over her hair for the first 18 months of her life. She had no hair. The past 2 1/2 years have been a different story. She battles with me every single morning about brushing her hair - never mind pigtails or a bow! However, if she can stand between Emily and Madison for dance pictures then she is willing to let me do this:


I wonder if Emily and Madison would pose for pictures with her before school every morning?

1 comment:

PR said...

Just hope she doesn't do what my daughter did, got hold of a pair of sciscors and cut her own. Now she looks like a boy.