Friday, May 2, 2008

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Blog

My plan for today was to tell you about the excitement and joy of going to Israel after spending a week touring Poland's concentration camps. There's been a change in plans. I didn't keep much of a journal in Israel except to write things like "having so much fun" "wow!" and "great party". Not exactly blog worthy 16 years later. Seems that I wrote more in Poland and told my Israel experience more in pictures (long before I had a digital camera so no photos to share on this here blog).

So, we are going back to the regularly scheduled important topics of my blog.



Let's start with summer camp.

There is a wide open 12 weeks between the last day of school and the first day of school. 12 weeks. We will be away for 1 week. That leaves 11 weeks to fill. The Mote (4 year old) has been through too many transitions this year. While she transitions remarkably well at school, according to her preschool progress report that I received yesterday, that is not always the case at home. So, I don't want to enroll her in camp or start anything new. We all need a break from that.

So, imagine my excitement when I received an envelope from her current dance school and discovered they are doing a 1 week camp. It's called Pretty Princess Camp. Seriously. My kid could probably teach Princess camp since she is the very definition of a princess but is she ever excited. The only thing I had to explain is why her favorite boyfriend could not attend Pretty Princess camp with her.

Now to fill the other 10 weeks.

P.S. photo is(c) Linusb4, www.sxc.hu

No comments: